Web hosting is a market that’s increasingly getting more and more attention today. The industry has grown to a much larger one, with every country in the world contributing millions of servers to facilitate the growing need for the web.
In this article, we’ll talk about Managed Hosting, and a guide on how to choose the managed hosting provider that fits your website’s needs.
What Is Managed Hosting?
Managed Hosting is one form of Dedicated Hosting. The hardware used to provide hosting services is owned and operated by the hosting provider, and is then rented out to the client that requires it. The usual ratio of hardware to client is 1:1. Unlike dedicated hosting, with managed hosting the hosting provider takes care of maintaining the server, instead of having the client do so.
Assessing Your Options
Like most of the decision-making in life, when checking for options in choosing a managed hosting provider, there are many things that need to be looked into and considered carefully before knowing which will best fit your preferences and needs. Make sure you explore all of the areas of hosting to avoid overlooking important factors, and to get the best value for your money. After all, you are going to be investing, so you have got to make sure none of it goes to waste.
Here are some of the factors you need to consider in choosing the best managed hosting provider for your website:
- Bandwidth – There is no denying how important bandwidth is in choosing a managed hosting provider.
If you are looking to establish a large website, not enough bandwidth will result in a poor performance when it comes to the user experience for visitors of your site.
Make sure you choose carefully which providers are giving enough or affordable bandwidth, or both. Also be cautious of companies that may say they offer “unlimited” bandwidth, because there may be some things you will find in their TOS.
- Cost – Cost and bandwidth are two of the most important factors to consider in determining which managed hosting provider is best for you.
Always remember that cheap doesn’t always mean good quality, and though it is best to look for ways to make your website cost effective, you still need to investigate and analyze all the factors involved. Be wary of what you’re paying for, especially with add-ons.
There are times when you need more bandwidth but the rest of the package seems to be enough, so you will naturally just add more. But always weigh your options before spending an extra dime.
- Support – When you have a website, your dedicated servers will be at work 24/7. Find a managed hosting provider that does not only offer fast server speed, but also help that is readily available any time of the day, to take care of anything you may need, or any emergency you may have with your website. A dedicated support is essential to avoid service interruptions, so you might want to invest on this.
- Uptime and Downtime – You will need to determine, based on the type of website you are setting up, how much uptime your site is going to need, and how much a certain amount of downtime will cost you.
Higher uptime levels may be a bit costly, but if you see your business growing at the same rate, you’re better off spending that extra dime. Similarly, if you’re into e-commerce and you expect your website to lose a big amount of money during any downtime, this is a decision you shouldn’t have a hard time making.
- Security – Checking the company’s background for security is a big step towards your own website’s security in the future.
Ensuring the safety of any type of information you or your viewers provide is not a joke, and should not be taken as such. Make sure the managed hosting provider you’re eyeing doesn’t have any reputation for security breaches, or anything that might be similar to such.
HostiServer: Why You Shouldn’t Look Further
If you’re looking for the best managed hosting provider in the world, having found HostiServer means you can stop your search.
HostiServer provides more than just fast- but super fast servers to take care of all of your website’s needs. Apart from this, the equipment used are from top manufacturers around the world, so that’s one less worry to have in your mind.
Premium Technical Support also means that you can have peace of mind 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, because you know you’ll be taken care of.
HostiServer’s team of professional technical support specialists will be with you anytime, to ensure that downtimes will not cause too much difficulties- if they cannot be totally avoided.
That’s a guarantee. HostiServer is also known for minimal, if none at all, downtimes in a certain period of time. This could mean a lot to your website, as it has been one of the reasons clients remain satisfied with its services. See for yourself: